We've compiled a list of tips for you to consider when you move next.
• Use the right size boxes as it makes it much easier and safer to load the truck. We can help you with packing boxes if you require them.
• Place heavier things such as books in smaller boxes together with the lighter things such as linen and pillows in bigger boxes. This helps use all available packing space, balances the box weight, and make it much easier to move around.
• Do not leave space in the boxes, use linen or sheets to fill voids.
• It helps to pack each room in boxes that belong to that room and mark the room on the box, such as “Bedroom 1”. This makes it so much easier when unloading and unpacking.
• Make sure you tape your boxes well. Tape to close the bottom and top seams and then make some tape wraps all the way around the box’s top and bottom edges to strengthen and secure the box.
• When moving pictures framed behind glass, its best to tape an X with masking tape across the glass to strengthen it and to hold it together. It is then best to wrap the pictures in bubble wrap and put them in a suitable box. For additional protections, place a cardboard between each framed piece for protection.
• When packing your crockery (plate, bowls etc), place a packing paper around each one, then wrap together with more paper. Always pack plates and dishes on their sides, never flat, then use extra paper to further pad out the box.
• Ideally you should wrap TV’s and computing equipment in quilted furniture pads. We have all the correct packing material to ensure your fragile equipment is well protected during the move.